FTC Disclosure *I was offered a complimentary visit to the King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort as part of a Press Trip however all opinions are my own. No other compensation was received.*
In May I had the opportunity to visit the historic King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort in St Simons Island, Georgia. What a beauty this place is with a story to tell. The King and Prince dates back to the early 1900s and wasn’t always a resort. In it’s beginning days it was intended as a private club which was later destroyed by arson. After numerous renovations, the King and Prince opened it’s doors to the public in 1941 but soon closed to be occupied by the Navy during World War II.
Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the King and Prince has gone through many changes over the last 80 years. One thing that’s for sure, there’s a reason this resort is a favorite among so many. With beautiful accommodations, oceanfront dining, and a host of amenities everything you need for a perfect vacation is right at your fingertips.
The resort has an array of accommodations including the Oceanfront Building, Oleander Building, Historic building, Beach Villas, and Resort Residences (with up to five bedrooms!).
In addition to a stunning outdoor pool, tennis courts, a fitness facility, and the Royal Treatment Cottage the King and Prince also has a stunning award winning golf course that overlooks lakes, lagoons, and tidal marshlands.
Chef James Flack will not disappoint you at the resort restaurant ECHO. Our dining experience was superior from presentation to quality. During one of our 5 course dinners we enjoyed this small plate of Smoked Sea Scallops, Lemon Curd, and GA Caviar which was paired with Drew Barrymore’s Carmel Road Winery Pinot Grigio.
This grilled Georgia Peach with Foie Creme Fraiche, Pickled Blueberries, Summer Greens, and Maple Pecan Dressing was one of my favorites!
The King and Prince has won a plethora of awards. It has received the Certificate of Excellence Award from TripAdvisor for 7 years straight and in the past year won awards from Hotels.com, Family Vacation Critic, Elegant Island, and Open Table. One unique award was given to ECHO’s awesome bartender Chad. While checking out ECHO, make sure to order ‘The Chad’ a twist on a White Russian named after it’s creator, of course. This cocktail using coffee infused dixie vodka won the Inaugural Coastal Stir Cocktail Challenge at The St Simons Island Food + Spirits Festival. Find the recipe HERE.
Photo provided by the King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort
I’ve traveled the world and seen the sun rise and set in some of the most remarkable places. The sunrises and sunsets in St Simons Island are truly unforgettable. I can assure you that it’s worth waking up early for this bit of Heaven.
How does the King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort ‘Give Back’?
- Two Tesla charging stations for guest use
- Recycling of cardboard and paper in all staff areas.
- Recycling of batteries
- Recycling of ink cartridges
- Eco-friendly disposal of fluorescent light bulbs
- Cloth hand towels provided in public restrooms to reduce paper waste
- Donation of discarded linens to local charities
- Donation of outdated historical print materials to local schools
- Usage of eco-friendly cleaning products for the vast majority of our general cleaning needs
- Implementation of towel and linen re-use program in our guest rooms
- Implementation of microfiber cleaning system
- In-room recycling equipped with bio-degradable, eco-friendly bags.
- Membership in the Clean the World Program
- Utilization of low-flow shower heads and toilets
- Recycling options for both plastic and aluminum in-room and throughout the hotel.
Interested in booking a romantic getaway or family holiday?
Check out -> http://www.kingandprince.com/booking.aspx