Belle’s of the Ball
Get the look of Hollywood’s leading ladies!
As one of fashion’s most anticipated red carpet events of the year, the gowns at Monday night’s Met Gala ball did not disappoint. With Anna Wintour’s stamp of approval on each look and many one-of-a-kind designs showcased, we’d expect no less, and surely know there would never be a case of “who wore it best”. Except that is, when it comes to the hair.
A-listers Jessica Alba, Hilary Swank and Amy Adams all stepped out with deep side parts and voluminous curl sets a la 1940s Veronica Lake, signifying that old Hollywood glamour is back.
To get the look at home, follow these easy steps from Samy.
- Work a volumizing mousse, such as Samy Fat Hair Amplifying Mousse ($9.99) into towel dried hair, massaging it in from root to tip.
- While hair is still damp, use a comb to create a deep side part. An easy trick is to create the part in line with the middle of your eyebrow.
- Keeping the part in place, use a large barreled round brush and blow out hair until it’s completely dry. While drying hair, plug in a set of large barreled hot rollers and allow them to warm up.
- Divide hair into two inch sections and spritz with a hairspray, such as Samy Fat Hair Amplifying Hairspray ($12.99). Then wrap each section around a hot roller and let the hair set until it’s cool to the touch.
- After removing the rollers, finger comb through hair and finish off with another spritz of Samy Fat Hair Amplifying Hairspray to keep the look in place.